I make these in batches and they keep for several weeks – – – that is, if you and the family can keep off them!! They are nutty and delicious – and can be eaten alone, or spread with toppings – cheese and smoked salmon, olive tapenade etc….
- Mix 110 grams each of pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds.
- Add 60grams each of chia and poppy seeds.
- Add 150g of rolled oats
- Add 350ml cold water and 50ml o liquid coconut oil
- Adjust with your choice of flavouring – go savoury with spices – a teaspoon of ground cumin /dried rosemary or some chilli flakes, or naturally sweet with chopped dried apricots – or christmassy with dried cranberries. Go wild!
- Mix everything together and roll out between two slices of greaseproof paper until thin. Remove top layer of paper, and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins. Turn over and remove paper, then cook for another 20 mins.
I like the crackers broken randomly into freeform pieces. the edges tend to crumble but I keep these bits too. “Glued together with some creamy goats cheese – just yummy.
Week two weigh in day tomorrow…..!